Accountability, Diversity Metrics in Scorecards and Dashboards
BASF and Nielsen share best practices on developing effective scorecards and dashboards to hold leaders and managers accountable.
PwC and AT&T give insights into how they address race and have meaningful dialogues about it with employees. Both detail their strategies and give plenty of nuggets that other organizations can adopt.
00:02:23 – PwC Introduction
00:04:24 – Why Are We Talking About Race at Work?
00:05:39 – Leading by Example
00:06:50 – What is a "Productive Dialogue About Race?"
00:10:22 – How Do We Begin?
00:17:38 – Resources
00:20:10 – AT&T Introduction
00:24:31 – Every Voice Matters
00:25:25 – "From Tolerance to Understanding" Resource Guide
00:29:22 – Conversation Ground Rules
00:36:00 – DINE – Discover Differences, Include One Another, Navigate New Perspectives, Eat!
00:43:15 – Q&A
Participants from EY, JCPenney and Monsanto give career advice on how to become a high potential, from the importance of family support to cultivating relationships to excelling in your role and not being inundated by expectations.
00:02:57 – L B Jeter on how he became a high potential and how his family instilled a strong work ethic in him
00:07:06 – Becca Baker on taking the initiative and going above and beyond
00:09:18 – Diana Solash on understanding where the growth opportunities are
00:12:28 – Melissa Harper how she became a high potential and key qualities people saw in her
00:16:33 – L B Jeter on the importance of building trust
00:20:10 – Becca Baker on cultivating those relationships
00:24:03 – Melissa Harper on how to respond when a senior leader asks, "what do you do at the company?"
00:27:20 – Diana Solash on the importance of asking for and leveraging feedback
00:31:06 – L B Jeter on how family support helps him strive as a high potential
00:33:54 – Becca Baker how to continue to excel in your role and not be inundated by expectations
00:37:11 – Diana Solash on how to overcome roadblocks and get back on track
00:41:44 – Melissa Harper on attributes high potentials need to embrace and lead with
00:46:50 – Q&A
BASF implemented a robust diverse candidate slate initiative a few years ago and yielded positive results. In this webinar, the company outlines the problem it is trying to solve, its strategy in doing so and tactical actions it took.
BASF implemented a robust diverse candidate slate initiative a few years ago and yielded positive results. In this webinar, the company outlines the problem it is trying to solve, its strategy in doing so and tactical actions it took. The company also provides insights into lessons learned.
01:54 – BASF Introduction and Background
07:15 – The Problem BASF is Trying to Solve
13:34 – Where We Started in 2016: Talent & Diversity Challenge
17:05 – Roles and Responsibilities
19:32 – Tactical Actions
21:19 – Lessons Learned
23:12 – Accelerants for Change
28:29 – Early Indicators of Success
29:54 – Solution Oriented Structure, Segregation of Strategy & Delivery
32:13 – Talent Advisors are the Eyes and Ears
34:50 – Leadership Commitment and Business Specific Actions
36:29 – Key Learnings
40:28 – Q&A
Dianne Greene, Division VP and General Manager at ADP, talks about how she overcame microaggressions early on in her career.
Dianne Greene, Division VP and General Manager at ADP, talks about how she overcame microaggressions early on in her career. Greene gives a brief overview of the different kinds of microaggressions and gives advice on how to respond to them.
00:07:12 – Dianne Greene Introduction and Background
00:16:34 – What are Microaggressions
00:20:00 – Types of Bias
00:23:22 – Real Life Examples of Microaggressions
00:39:25 – Workplace Tactics
00:45:37 – Q&A
Click here to access a PDF of this presentation.
Dell and EY outline how their ERGs are critical to their success in increasing employee engagement and finding and growing talent. Dell gives insights into how their ERGs continue to drive employee engagement and positively impact the business. EY shares the strategic drivers of its employee networks, which includes empowering and developing talent.
• 02:48 – DiversityInc Data on ERG Participation and Mentoring in ERGs
• 07:07 – Overview of Dell's ERGs
• 09:05 – Dell's ERGs Drive Engagement
• 10:40 – ERGs Impact Dell's Employees and Business
• 13:31 – Formal Training Offered in ERGs
• 17:56 – Mentoring Offered in ERGs
• 21:00 – Leadership Development and Skill Building in ERGs
• 23:50 – External Engagement and Partnerships Through ERGs
• 28:54 – EY Introduction
• 31:18 – EY's Professional Network Journey
• 33:26 – Structure of Professional Networks
• 37:36 – Strategic Drivers for Professional Networks
• 43:54 – Priorities for FY2018
• 57:42 – Q&A
Abbott and Wells Fargo discuss core strategies on attracting and hiring diverse executives, from leveraging brand and culture to sourcing to leadership accountability. Topics covered include:
• Building and promoting a brand that is relevant to diverse executives
• Holding leaders accountable for results, monthly reporting with hiring metrics
• Training leaders involved in hiring for executive-level roles to better assess multi-cultural candidates
• Candidate development teams for internal candidates
• Developing programs that support diversity and leadership growth
Monsanto sought to infuse unconscious bias into its training and worked with an external consultant, but it didn't work out. So, the company developed its own unconscious initiative.
In this webinar, Melissa Harper, VP, Global Talent and Acquisition & Diversity Officer; Alejandro Cornejo, Specialist, Inclusion & Diversity, Global Talent; and Damion S. Jones, PhD., SPHR, Global Director of Inclusion & Diversity, Global Talent, detail how the company embarked on this journey.
• 02:40 – Introduction to Monsanto
• 08:16 – Webinar Outline
• 09:20 – Why Now and Why This
• 13:56 – Who and What (Target Audience, The Experience, Resources & Support)
• 25:26 – How And Where (Top-Down Accountability, Global Audience & Approach, Multiple Rollouts Platforms & Tracking)
• 35:00 – Now What (Results To-Date, What's Next)
• 40:57 – Key Take-Aways
• 44:32 – Q&A
Wells Fargo and Marriott International share best practices on finding and fostering growth of diverse suppliers.
• 01:34 – Wells Fargo Introduction
• 08:00 – How Wells Fargo’s Approaches Supplier Diversity
• 13:56 – Wells Fargo’s Strategic Sourcing Process
• 18:31 – Doing Business With Wells Fargo, Competitive Sourcing and Procurement
• 23:17 – Basic Documentation Needed During Sourcing, Capabilities
• 25:15 – Supplier Development
• 30:54 – Outreach Performance Metrics
• 33:14 – Marriott International Introduction
• 34:16 – Exchanges: Marriott’s Rebranded Supplier-Diversity Program
• 39:15 – Value Proposition
• 41:27 – Key Milestones
• 44:40 – Program Specifics and Execution
• 51:01 – Keys to Success
• 54:00 – Diverse Supplier Access
• 57:42 – Q&A
Johnson & Johnson's Chief Diversity Officer Wanda Hope gives an overview of J&J's talent development programs, including unconscious bias training, development through ERGs, relationship capital and sponsorship for high potentials.
• 00:51 – Preview of New Mentoring Research From DiversityInc
• 05:58 – Wanda Hope's J&J Journey
• 07:12 – J&J's Credo, Diversity & Inclusion at J&J
• 13:03 – Talent Development and How J&J Engages Its Employees
• 16:27 – Relationship Capital: Networking, Mentoring, Sponsorship
• 28:47 – Unconscious Bias
• 31:31 – Employee Resource Groups
• 35:53 – Q&A: How Do People Get Into the Signature Leadership Program?
• 37:05 – Q&A: Do You Track Managers As They Go Through The Different Stages of Mentoring?
• 38:38 – Q&A: Is There Unconscious Bias Training in All of Your Mentoring Programs?
• 40:40 – Q&A: Can You Talk About Your Accelerated Leadership Development Programs for Women of Color and Men of Color?
• 47: 57 – Q&A: Does Your Succession Planning Process Include A Component of Your Sponsorship Program?
TD Bank and PwC share best practices on recruiting people with disabilities. TD Bank discusses its journey to sustainability and provides a detailed overview on its partnerships with external organizations. PwC outlines the role of its Disability Strategy Council and gives insights into its Connect:Ability Mentor program.
• 02:48 – About TD Bank
• 07:46 – TD Bank's Workforce Pillar Focused on People With Abilities
• 08:38 – Going For the Gold
• 10:04 – Journey to Sustainability
• 13:19 – Partnerships With External Organizations
• 15:34 – Project SEARCH High School Transition Program
• 17:00 – Story Sharing
• 19:24 – Our Story
• 20:38 – About PwC
• 22:11 – PwC's Disability Strategy Council
• 24:43 – Recruitment Strategy
• 30:32 – Connect:Ability Mentor Program
• 35:08 – Leveraging Employee Resource Groups