Al Smith is Toyota’s Group Vice President and Chief Social Innovation Officer. Unlike traditional corporations, Toyota refers to its Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) as Business Partner Groups (BPGs). Smith shares his rationale as to why this terminology and these groups are important for inclusion and diversity within the organization.
More in Best Practices:
- Research Roundup: Native American Boys Are Suspended More Than Other Students in Sacramento Area and California, Report Says October 15, 2019
- Combat Veterans and Troops at High Risk for Opioid Abuse, NBER Study Finds October 14, 2019
- Research Roundup: Women in Tech Positions have Increased to Nearly 30%, According to AnitaB.org October 1, 2019
- Toyota’s BillieJo Johnson, Her Path to the Creation of REACH September 17, 2019
- Toyota’s BillieJo Johnson Explains the Idea of Blind Spots and the Importance of Awareness September 17, 2019
- Toyota’s BillieJo Johnson Explains the Importance of Understanding Challenges September 17, 2019